Beta Health Association, Inc. has agreed to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected by Beta Health Association, Inc.
- The organization collecting the information.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under
- Beta Health Association, Inc.'s control.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Notification of Changes
Beta Health Association, Inc.'s enrollment form and other pages on the Beta Health Association, Inc. web site include links to third party Web sites. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements, and Beta Health Association, Inc. is not responsible for their operations, including but not limited to their information practices. Users submitting information to or through these third party Web sites should review the privacy statement of these sites before providing them with personally identifiable information.
What is Beta's take on this? A Special Note About Children. Children are not eligible to use our service and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us or use the service.
To enroll in a Beta Health Association, Inc. dental plan, you must provide your name, address, Social Security Number, phone number, e-mail address, employer information and information regarding any dependents you would like to add to your policy. In order to make payments through Beta Health Association, Inc., you must provide credit card, debit card or bank account information.
Web Site Traffic Information
Because of the way that World Wide Web communication standards work, when you arrive at or leave the Beta Health Association, Inc. Web site, we automatically receive the Web address of the site that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on which pages of our Web site you visit while you are on the Beta Health Association, Inc. site, the type of browser you use and the times you access our Web site. We use this information only to try to understand our customers' preferences better and to manage the load on our servers, so as to improve our service and your experience with Beta Health Association, Inc.. We do not track the Web sites that you visit before or after you leave the Beta Health Association, Inc. site.
Customer Service Correspondence
If you send us correspondence, including e-mails and faxes, we retain such information in the records of your account. We will also retain customer service correspondence and other correspondence from Beta Health Association, Inc. to you. We retain these records in order to measure and improve our customer service, and to investigate potential fraud. We may, over time, delete these records if permitted by law.
Questionnaires, Surveys and Profile Data
From time to time, we offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users' interests and needs. The use of the information collected will be explained in detail in the survey itself. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
We collect, store and process your personal information on servers located in the United States. We use the information we collect about you in order 1) to provide our services and process your transactions, 2) to provide customer service, 3) to determine your eligibility to receive offers for special features or products, such as the Beta Health Association, Inc. Group Plans, and 4) to improve our products and services.
We give access to individually identifiable information about our customers only to those employees who require it to fulfill customer service requests. Disclosure to Third Parties Other Than Beta Health Association, Inc.
Beta Health Association, Inc. will not sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third parties. Beta Health Association, Inc. will not share any of your personally identifiable information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, or with your express permission (and to other Beta Health Association, Inc. customers as described above). These third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information is shared.
- We share information with companies that help us process the transactions you request and protect our customers' transactions from fraud, such as sharing your name and address with a service that processes your online enrollment payments. Additionally, if your payment is not funded and you owe us money, we may share information with processing companies including collection agencies.
- We may disclose the information we collect, as described in Section B above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These companies are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit using the information except to market the specified Beta Health Association, Inc .related products or services, unless you have affirmatively agreed or given your prior permission for other uses.
- We disclose information that we in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity. Specifically, this means that if we conduct a fraud investigation and conclude that our site was used for fraudulent transactions, we can give an investigative entity's contact information (but not bank account or credit card information).
- We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
- We disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- We share aggregated statistical data with our business partners or for public relations. For example, we may disclose that a specific percentage of our customers live in Denver. However, this aggregated information is not tied to personally identifiable information.
- We share your information with our parent, subsidiaries and joint ventures to help coordinate the services we provide to you, enforce our terms and conditions, and promote trust and safety.
Our Contacts with Beta Health Association, Inc. Customers
We may communicate with users on a regular basis via e-mail to provide requested services, and we also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints or investigate suspicious transactions. We use your e-mail address to confirm your enrollment in a Beta Health Association, Inc. dental plan, to send you notice of payments that you send or receive through Beta Health Association, Inc., to send information about important changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
We also use your e-mail address to send you other types of communications that you can control, including the Beta Health Association, Inc. Periodical newsletter, auction tips, customer surveys and notice of special third-party promotions. You can choose whether to receive some, all or none of these communications by contacting us.
In connection with independent audits of our financial statements and operations, the auditors may seek to contact a sample of our customers to confirm that our records are accurate. However, these auditors cannot use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Internet Address Information
We use IP addresses, browser types and access times to analyze trends, administer the site, improve site performance and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Information Security Beta Health Association, Inc. is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. Using our online payment system or PayPal.com, your credit card and bank account information either not stored at all or are stored only in encrypted form on computers that are not connected to the Internet. We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information. We test our security systems regularly and also contract with outside companies to audit our security systems and processes. For more info read about our security practices.
You can request a copy of the personal information you provided us at any time. Changing the personal information you provided us can be done by contacting us (See Section "F" below).
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, Beta Health Association, Inc.’s information practices, or your dealings with Beta Health Association, Inc., you can contact us using this form, call (303) 744-3007 Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8am and 4:30pm MST and Friday between the hours of 8am and 2:30pm MST, or write us at Beta Health Association, Inc., 609 E. Speer Blvd., Suite #200, Denver, CO 80203.