Position Title: Product Owner
Reports To: Sr. Vice President
FSLA Status: Exempt
Date Last Updated: February 2023
Position Purpose: Leads prioritization of development needs across the organizations. Owns the direct-to-consumer business line including market strategy, product development pipeline, advertising investments, and P&L. Manages related vendor relationships.
- Acts as product owner for individual business and platform owner for other business lines
- Researches and understands competitive landscape nationally for dental discount plans
- Builds pipeline of product features with projected ROI for new enhancements
- Leads meetings with contracted development team for product backlog and sprint planning/review in Agile methodology
- Incorporates strategic and operational development needs into product backlog
- Works closely and collaboratively with management, customer service team, developers, and marketing agency to accomplish goals
- Maintains knowledge of technology partners and role/impact on business
- Owns business understanding of backend platform
- Supports operational finance and forecasting through the lens of Individual business P&L and development needs
- Manages some external vendor relationships, including marketing agency
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Expert written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of people within the organization and the general public in a positive and influential manner.
- Expert relationship building skills.
- Expert project management skills.
- Solid problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Expert customer service skills.
- Expert ability to learn, work in ambiguity, and adapt.
- Solid ability to understand and learn new technologies.
- Solid presentation and public speaking skills.
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Expert ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- Requires more than five (5) years on-the-job training to perform the job effectively.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field; MBA or the equivalent is preferred.
Scope of Authority: Overall authority to make operational decisions necessary to ensure the continued success of the corporation within the budgetary and policy constraints of the department. Originates and develops complex ideas in new and undefined areas which impact the entire organization. Work is directly monitored through periodic evaluations by the Sr. Vice President. Participates in developing and preparing strategic business plans for the direct-to-consumer business line.
Working Conditions: No physical effort beyond that typically required in a normal office environment.
Salary Range: $100,000-150,000
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Time off
Please submit cover letter and resume via email